The Building Blocks of Grammar
Published: March 3, 2021
This visual reference guide:
- is a blueprint for constructing and grammatically describing any sentence using words turned into building blocks
- focuses on word and phrase classes, types of/differences between phrases, clauses and sentences, including sentence moods, and addresses some frequently encountered grammatical problems in writing and speaking
- introduces a colour code to grammatical word classes with distinctive colour patterns for word classes that often ‘go together’
- is suitable for any child of primary school age (5-11) as well as many children of secondary school age
- covers the guidelines of the Department for Education for teaching grammar in Key Stage 1 and 2, with all grammatical terms based on the Primary National Curriculum
- offers suggestions for practical activities to complement theoretical grammar instruction
- provides a list of everything you need to start learning grammar with building blocks.
Copyright © 2021 Lidia Stanton. All rights reserved.